Application for admission to Postgraduate Certificates, Postgraduate Diplomas, Honours, M and D programmes must be made on the UKZN Postgraduate Application form.
Download a 2014 Postgraduate Application Guide
• Download a UKZN Postgraduate Application form OR
• Contact the UKZN Applications and Information Office on 031 260 2212/7877 or
033 260 5212 to request an applications form and Postgraduate Application Guide.
• Forms are also available from the Postgraduate Offices at the telephone numbers [rpvided in the Guide OR
• Write to email@example.com to request application material
• Provide your existing student number at the top of page one if previously registered at UDW,UN or UKZN
• List your programme choices on page one of the application form. Please write the name of the programme in full and indicate the relevant campus
• Indicate if you would like to be considered for accommodation in one of the UKZN residences. Limited accommodation is available for postgraduate students.
• Your student number must be quoted in all correspondence/enquiries to the UKZN
• UKZN requires an application fee of R175 payable as follows:
• If you are a current student and you have been registered in the previous academic year you will not be required to pay an application fee. If you have been out of the system for two semesters or more you are required to pay the standard application fee.
• Current students wanting to apply for postgradyate certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Honours prorgamme must apply on the internal Application form for admission to graduate studies must download a form here Application for Admission to Postgraduate Study.
• Current students wanting to apply for admission to M and D studies must complete the UKZN application for admission to Postgraduate studies.
• Current students will not be required to pay an application fee.
Please provide your details on the deposit slip. Submit proof of payment on submission of your application. Provide account reference number F100132020 if required.
• Please consult the Postgraduate Application Guide and your Faculty for information on closing dates. Closing dates for Faculties and Schools within Colleges may vary.
• Please attach certified copies of documentation requested on the application form.
• Open Learning is a study programme that combines study materials with tutor support sessions. Study material is given to the student who works at his or her own time and place. Tutor-supported class group sessions are held on Saturdays at regional meeting venues, to provide students with assistance from tutors and to allow them to interact with other course participants. The student can choose a study programme according to individual needs within a tutor-supported framework.
• These class study sessions are scheduled over several Saturdays during each semester at regional centres. This means that even students from rural on numbers, study centres operate in such places as Durban, Empangeni, Ladysmith, Newcastle, Port Shepstone or Pietermaritzburg.
• Please note that these programmes are for practicing teachers and nurses only.
• Applicants to these programmes must complete the UKZN Open Learning application form. Please download an Application form for Admission in Open Learning Programmes
• No application fee is required
• Please contact the Programme Coordinators at the telephone numbers provided below for more information on application procedures and entrance requirements.
Advanced Certificate in Education
Values and Human Rights in Education, Information and Communication Technology Integration, School Library Development and Management, Natural Sciences.
Contact: Tel: +27 (0) 33 260 6130 or +27 (0) 31 260 3617
National professional Diploma in Education
Foundation Phase, Intermediate Phase, Senior phase, Vocational Training
Contact Tel: + 27 (0) 33 260 5366 or + 27 (0) 33 260 7602
Bachelor of Nursing Advanced Practice
Contact Tel: + 27 (0) 31 260 2375
The decentralised programmes offers professional development short courses for registered nurses.
Contect Tel: +27 (0) 31 260 2499